Saturday, January 27, 2007

Duck Season - Thrills and Spills




Well, another week has gone by here in the foothills of the Arkansas Ozarks. This is week when I wish that I had taken up more of the hunting sports in my younger years. What a thrill to listen to these guys come in from the big duck hunt, been out all day in the rain and the cold. "How many did you get" I asked. "Man there were lots of ducks flying." "Lots of Greenheads around today."
"How many did you get", I ask again. " The weather was just right today" they reply. "The ducks were flying low". " Lots of folks out to" "This is the last weekend of the season."
"How many did you get" I repeat for the third time.
"Oh, we just knocked down one" "Didn't want to make the dogs work to hard in that cold water"

Well there is also deer hunting. Not sure exactly what you can do in that hunting right now, but if nothing else, you can spotlight one or two. Wait a minute, thats illegal. If you get just one there it might be costly.

No comments: