Monday, August 20, 2007

Hurricane tracks

I find myself watching the hurricane tracks of Dean intently. This is because it is headed for a resort area that was my home for a week less than a month ago. For some reason I find myself with an attraction to the area.

I especially find myself praying for those people that so graciously served me while I was there for meager wages. (See post "Appreciation for Mexicans") While we were there we inquired in the best way that we could in our broken spanish and their broken english about the well being of many of the souls who gave us the opportunity to visit. Many of these folks seemed confused but concerned about their eternal well being.

All I can do tonight is to voice another prayer asking God to spare lives as this terrible hurricane reaches coast south of Cancun.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

I will join you in that prayer. I work with the Hispanics in our area and many are from the Yucatan. The Mexicans I work with are kind and gracious people. Their children are well-behaved, well-mannered and very much loved. And they don't use poverty as an excuse -- they just work hard. They're also very patient with me -- my Spanish isn't perfect and I stumble a bit at times. They just smile and thank me for trying so hard. Good people!