Monday, September 10, 2007

Name That Tune/ Fried Chicken


Then I crossed the empty street,
'n caught the Sunday smell of someone fryin' chicken.
And it took me back to somethin',
That I'd lost somehow, somewhere along the way.


Thoughts today went back to my early days growing up and through high school. We lived about 10 miles in the country, but on Sunday for many years all of my brothers, sisters and in-laws that lived anywhere nearby would come to Mama's house for lunch.

What do you think was on the table about 3 out of four times. Yes... some of the best fried chicken you could ever get.

Well as stated the line from the above song was heard today and brought back these great memories.

Leave a comment and guess that tune along with who wrote it and who is tagged with it being their song.!

You never know - the first to get both right might win something - or maybe not!

Enjoy Life! It comes but once!

2 comments:

helen1 said...

Little Jimmy Dickens comes to mind but name the song. How far off am I?

Willy said...

Long ways off. The word sunday is in the title of the song.

Try again!