Monday, May 17, 2010

Life Is Supposed to Be Quiet Sometimes!

Early morning is supposed to be quiet around my house. Many times I get up at 5:30 or so and my wife does not need to get up until 7. This creates what is supposed to be quiet time. She remains asleep and I remain quiet so she can sleep.

When I am not quiet I get accused of being my Mother - God Rest her Sole. She could not be quiet and was always banging pots and pans very early in the morning.

Well, today was one of those days.

First act of the morning is to get the dog some food from the garage. Coming in from the garage with the bowl of dog food I hit the edge of the door and the food and bowl went everywhere. In cleaning it up I used a dust pan and scraped the floor. More noise. The cry came "What are you doing"

I went to the kitchen to get some yogurt out of the fridge. When I picked up the container I hit a lid on the roast dish and it fell off the dish onto the shelf. More noise.

However, now the coffee is cooking and the wife is getting up. Can I make some noise now.

No comments: