Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nickelodeon Is The Channel For Kids

Life in America sometimes gives way for a guest post.  Here it is and enjoy.
-------------------
Thanks for the article from Glenda Hanson

Since I have small children in the house, it is essential to have something fun to watch on television. It not only stimulates their mind but it get them out of my hair for just a little while! I have found that Nickelodeon does the trick.

In the morning, I like to turn on Nickelodeon on our direct star tv so my kids can watch it while I'm making breakfast. Their favorite shows are Dora the Explorer and Spongebob Squarepants. It really is cute how they imitate the characters. I like how Dora teaches them little tidbits of Spanish and encourages them to help her in her everyday ventures. Every now and again, they will find the Backyardigans. They love this show but it doesn't come on at any scheduled time. You just have to be lucky and catch it when you can.

All in all, I could easily let my kids watch this channel all day if they wanted to. It mixes fun and learning all together. They don't fight over the tv shows because they like the same ones and it gets their attention while I talk on the phone or do household chores. Whoever thought up the idea for Nickelodeon is truly an angel!

No comments: