Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bachelor


Content by Sol Rosales

I read a news article online the other night about that show on Dish TV called the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. I think it is actual two separate shows, made by the same producer. Anyway, some organization for African American rights is suing them for race discrimination. Apparently, in all 24 seasons, with 24 different bachelors and bachelorettes chosen, they have never chosen an African American person. I had never thought about that until I read the article, but yeah, the bachelor and bachelorette have always been white. That is not right. I am sure they will say that it has nothing to do with race, but still. I can’t see how after all these seasonsthey wouldn’t have picked an African American women or man. I will be interested to see how the producer responds to the lawsuit, and what their side of the story is. I know there are always two sides to every story. I wonder if this will ever go to court, or if they will just settle out of court.

No comments: