Friday, March 9, 2007

Wish I Had Thought of That!

When I think about it......It's those little things left undone that would make me angry if I knew my hours were limited.

Angry because I hadn't written certain letters that I intended to write one of these days.

Angry and sorry that I didn't tell my spouse and parents often enough how much I truly love them.

I'm going to try very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and luster to our lives.

And every morning when I open my eyes, tell myself that it is special.

Every day, every minute, every breath truly is a gift from God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ironically, I learned this lesson many decades ago when I was first diagnosed with Cancer. But over the years I slowly began to forget how precious life is.

When I lost all my loved ones on 9/11 I was reminded. The good thing is that there was virtually nothing left unsaid by the time they died. But there were others who were still living, who I was not quite as close, who I needed to tell how important they were in my life.

It's never to late to make time for those around us. It's never to late to live life in a more present and fulfilled way, and even when we forget and lose that thread, it's never to late to start over. Never!

Good luck and God bless.

Michele
http://lettersfromnyc.mu.nu

Anonymous said...

I am slow to learn, but am coming to realize the value of those that are and should be near and dear to me.