Saturday, June 16, 2007

Free Bird Food...Illegal Aliens!



I put a bird feeder on my back porch a while back. It was a great event. I filled it with food and made sure that there was a bird bath and plenty of fresh water nearby.


In a short time a few birds came. I enjoyed watching these few birds as they flittered around the back yard enjoying the free food and provided water. Soon it was fun to watch as these few birds built a nest in the tree in the backyard.

After several more weeks, it appeared that a communication had gone out advertising the free food and water. Soon the few birds that were enjoyable to watch and who had set up housekeeping in the tree out back, were joined by hundreds of other birds.

Soon there begin to be massive amounts of bird litter on my back porch. My swing was covered with litter. My outdoor furniture was such that it had to be hosed off and cleaned everyday to be used.

It began to go from a few dollars a week for bird food to being very expensive and a huge job to keep the bird feeder full. Some of the birds began to get very aggressive when the bird feeder was empty and would dive at me as I stepped into my backyard.

Life in my backyard had become somewhat like an Alfred Hitchcock movie.

The birds were taking over.

Sometimes I feel like this is somewhat how America is with "Illegal Aliens" . And I stress illegal. We are a melting pot and most descended from somewhere else. But I am here legally and believe that anyone that is not needs to do what it takes to be legal or go home.

But back to my point. As we try to be a socially correct society, we have become a "free food" society. We have embraced those that are illegal by possibly granting amnesty, by providing free medical services, free food, allowing them to infiltrate our schools and having all of the freedoms that legal inhabitants have.

Yes we have put out the birdfeeder on the back porch.. and they did come.

Maybe it is time for America to embrace the idea that they are "Illegal" and we should take in the birdfeeders and do what it takes to get this thing right.

Just my thoughts.

6 comments:

Missy said...

I agree - for those who are not here legally, either make it legal or be sent home! Good post! :)

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Good analogy. I'll link back to it.

WomanHonorThyself said...

ah yes ..brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your point of view and I love the comparison you used here. I learned my lesson with feeding birds many years ago when our daughter was in grade school.

I too will link to your post on my own Blog. Great Post!

Kay Dennison said...

Excellent post.

Anonymous said...

It has always been hard for me to understand how the government loads illegal aliens down with handouts that working Americans have to pay for , and then turns around and tells us it's a good thing they are here. It sure as hell doesn't do me any good. If I were rich and owned a big company and wanted lots of low cost labor I could exploit, I guess it would be a good thing for me.