Friday, September 14, 2007

Job! Job! and More Job!

Another hard week at the office sprinkled with those things that I like to do! As a lender I find that the thing about my job that I like the least is lending.

I prefer the hunt for the new game, (prospecting) the luring of them into my woven web, (the sales call) and then catching the prey (the close). The problem with all of that is the last phase - cleaning the catch (paperwork).

Most of this week was in the office doing the paperwork. For you see, I have a very small office, just me and the secretary. She has been out all week and a substitute was there just answering the phone. Not much help to me in the paperwork.

I did have the opportunity to go on the hunt a couple of times but these are in the evenings and on Saturday! Somehow this after hours hunt is not as much fun as during the working day.

I was able to go to customers house and view their farms twice this week during the day but then last night I went on a "Pasture Walk" given by the Soil Conversation Service. This was an evening for them to discuss the aspects of strip grazing on your land and many of the local cattlemen would be there. Also, it was being held on a customer's place. This was ok but staying out late as I get older is not my favorite thing.

Then tomorrow as a Public Relations thing that my company does, I "get to go" to the county fair and bid for the company in the livestock auction. - Not a bad time just bad timing. I prefer my Saturdays to be for family and me.

Oh Well. All I can say is come on customers - I got goals to make and incentives to reach!

Thank you Lor for the Job that I have!

No comments: