Sunday, February 27, 2011

Afraid of Bowling


From time to time I allow a guest post with some brilliant words to be written.  Hope you enjoy.  
----------


Written by my friend Teodoro Martin

It has been a very long time since I've been bowling, but I am planning on going this week. A couple of friends invited me to go along with them to the local bowling alley and spend the evening together.

To be honest, I am a little unsure of how it's going to work out. Since the last time I went bowling was at least 10 years ago, I am expecting that I will come out of it sore, and a loser.

The losing part doesn't really bother me, since my experience with bowling is practically nothing. It's the soreness I am not looking forward to. I have always thought that doing something that is going to cause you pain should not be something that is done.

But, I'm going to give it a shot. I will set the home security alarm (ADT SECURITY), brace myself with some pain pills, and head on over to meet them at the alley. I know I am probably being a wimp about it all, and, in the end, I'm likely to not feel as much as I expect.

I think the one thing that I am not looking forward to the most is how much my friends are going to kid me about my concerns.

What will probably do me the most good is to just remember to have fun.

No comments: